Monday, August 1, 2011

Space Soap

Our family reading, this week, has us blasting off to outer space.


I thought it would be fun to pave the way, with a few spacey touches around the house - like peeling the labels off of clear hand soaps, and plopping in some tiny, glow in the dark, plastic stars.


Remember C's star jar? Well, this works even better, because the soap holds the stars in place longer. They will eventually rise to the top (after quite a few hours), but then a quick swish, and you have them back in place, suspended in the soap.


The results are out of this world...spacetacular...glowrific...really, I could go on this way all day, but I'll spare you. Let's just say, it's pretty neat.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

That is so cool!

Phyllis said...

Oh, I love this idea...so simple and yet so much fun!

Debbie said...

Oh what fun!

Jennifer said...

Love it!

Christy Killoran said...

Brilliant! I love it!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You always have the best ideas!

Ticia said...

That is cool. I need to get some glow in the dark stars like that.