Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall Button Pictures - Kid Crafts

The children decided to sort buttons again this morning. It's still one of their favorite activities, but I thought today, we'd take it a step further.

So, after they had the buttons sorted by color, I moved the piles to the table, and placed coloring sheets around them...


...for the children to fill in with buttons.


We didn't glue the buttons on, so they could use the same ones, over and over, on different sheets.
But, I snapped pictures of the completed pictures to save, before they whisked the buttons off, for the next one.


Just about any coloring sheet with a good outline would do, but we used:
It's great to be a homeschooler.

9 comments:

Charlene Juliani said...

Cute stuff...My fave is the candy corn!

I would love to have a huge jar of buttons, but have no idea where to find something like that - other than just buying buttons and filling a jar LOL!

Ticia said...

I was wondering if you let them glue them down. I'm trying to decide how I want to store my buttons right now. Currently they're kinda sorta sorted, but not really, but there is that appeal of the big huge jar of buttons.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Chalene - Estate and yard sales are good places to look for buttons. Of course, you can cut them off of old clothes, too. Or, if your lucky, like me, your mother will give you her collection :)

Christy Killoran said...

Great idea. I love the bat! We did a fall button craft last year: http://superheroesandprincesses.blogspot.com/2009/11/acorn-craft.html

I like your idea to not glue them down. We glued ours, but I pulled them off before recycling the paper.

Debbie said...

I love this! I have to start collecting buttons again. I use to have so many buttons when my kids were younger. I don't even remember what happened to them when we moved. I might have even lost them when the tree took out our garage the day Selena was born.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a neat (and reusable) idea! I admire your button collection. I recently put our buttons away, because they were all transformed into "cookies" and "soup" and were floating around too much.

Deborah said...

I just love buttons - these are some wonderful ideas!

Brimful Curiosities said...

We also have a glass jar filled with buttons. Some my husband's mom gave to us, others I just collected from old, worn clothes. My daughter likes to sort and string them. We will have to do this activity sometime this fall.

Nicola said...

I love this idea! Buttons are so much fun. Thanks for including our bat. Nicola @ Twisty Noodle